Update 21/10/20: In the light of the implementation of the Tier system, we have made the decision to keep our classes outside over this winter. We would not be allowed to trade in anything but Tier 1/Medium Alert, and even then if one member of a class tests positive for Covid19 it does mean everyone would have to isolate, so we simply cannot justify the risks of teaching classes indoors. This does mean we are affected by the weather, but it is far safer to be working outside at this time, so please bear with us. Wear warm, waterproof clothing, put a coat on your dog if necessary, and bring a blanket or mat for them to be off the wet grass. In the event of severely inclement weather, we will revert to Zoom classes, but only if absolutely necessary.
- If we are in Tier 1/Medium Alert or Tier 2/High Alert, we will run classes as normal because we are outside. If we are on Tier 3/Very High Alert, all classes will revert to Zoom.
DO NOT ATTEND CLASS if you have experienced symptoms of COVID19 in the preceding 10 days, or if you are self isolating for any reason. It is your responsibility to ensure you inform us if this is the case.
We have very low class numbers (maximum six) in order to minimise contact.
- Only one handler is to enter the training area per dog. We understand the whole family will want to learn, however if every dog came with three people, we would be a bigger gathering than a wedding! 121 sessions can involve the whole family.
- If others attend the venue with you, they MUST stay in the car park area and ensure they keeping a 2 metre distance from ALL others present.
- Your details given at the time of booking will be passed to NHS Track and Trace where requested. You will also have to sign in on the NHS App where mandated to do so. The Club has a QR code that we encourage you to use.
- Face coverings will not be routinely worn as it makes outdoor teaching very difficult, and can have an adverse effect on certain dogs, however if you would be more comfortable if we did, please contact us in advance and we can arrange for this to be the case.
- We will NOT be providing kit for you to use wherever possible, so please have your own leads, NOT FLEXI, long lines, toys, blankets etc.
- We have hand sanitation available and do encourage you to use it.
- NOTE: apologies, but there are no public toilet facilities available at our venue for you to use
Please, please try to adhere to our rules as much as you can, they are there to protect all of us.
We want you to enjoy your training and interact with other owners, however we do not enjoy having to remind and insist you socially distance.
Thanks so much for your co operation and understanding!
Risk assessments for all scenarios are available on request.
For more dog specific guidance, and to see where we are getting our information from, please see the links below: